Do you want the opportunity to join an exciting team of people who are obsessed with providing exceptional customer contact?
IPI have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to create and lead our bid strategy. This is a high profile role that offers the unique opportunity for you to build and own a winning bid management process for IPI. You will need to have excellent communication and collaboration skills, and proven experience in successfully leading complex technical and PQQ bids and submissions.
The right person will drive the end to end bid cycle, managing opportunities from qualification through to delivery, including value proposition, commercial considerations, partner identification, and risk management.
What does the role involve?
- Design, implement and own the bid structure process and governance
- Identify and articulate customer value, and analyse various forms of intelligence to develop strong value propositions
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Ensure bids have relevant input from all key stakeholders including external suppliers
- Prepare and review all commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring end to end services are included in the final price to the customer
- Track and manage risks throughout the bid process
- Responsible for the production, content and delivery of proposals
- Working with sales teams to secure positions on local regional frameworks and call off projects
- Manage due diligence around bid structure and commercial cover
- Arrange initial post bid review with customers, post contract award. Handover to Account Owner
- Carry out and document a lessons learnt exercise following each bid
- Responsibility for managing bid portals and all ongoing administration, messages, calendars and reporting against all sector frameworks
You will have the following experience:
- A proven track record of successful closure of strategic deals in the $250k-$10m range
- An ability to identify and articulate customer value and analyse various forms of intelligence to develop strong value propositions
- Prior experience of working with Public Sector Frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of the competitive landscape within the Telecoms sector
- Solid understanding of internal governance
- Substantial experience of bid campaign management
- Prior experience of working in a SME
And you will be:
- A self-motivated, independent, strategic thinker that can move deals through the selling cycle
- Comfortable working with and presenting to C-level both internally and externally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with ability to develop strong relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
The role can be based at out our Reading or London office.Email your CV